Magnuson scholarship recipients namedOne UW student in each of the six Health Sciences schools will receive $30,000 this year.
Six University of Washington students, one from each of the six Health Sciences disciplines, were identified this week as the Magnuson Scholars for 2018-2019.
Each scholar was nominated by their respective school on the basis of "outstanding academic performance and potential contributions to research in the health sciences," wrote David Anderson, the UW's executive director of Health Sciences Administration.
The award is a tribute to Warren Magnuson, who represented Washington state in the U.S. Senate from 1944 to 1981 and in the U.S. House for the seven years preceding.
- Bianca Altamirano, School of Social Work
- Michael Baldwin, School of Dentistry
- Steve Coppess, School of Medicine
- Kelsey Hirsch, School of Nursing
- Weize Huang, School of Pharmacy
- Jennifer Velloza, School of Public Health
For details about UW Medicine, please visit http://uwmedicine.org/about.