Most viewed 2020 UW Medicine news videos
Clinical care, health info and science, all related to COVID-19, were among most-viewed news videos created in-house in 2020.
The development of a laboratory-based COVID-19 test, the opening of drive-through test sites, and COVID-19 infections during pregnancy were among the leading UW Medicine-produced news videos viewed on You-Tube during 2020. The videos are created with expert medical and scientific sources by a video team based in UW Medicine media relations.
The top 10 most-viewed YouTube videos, the featured experts, and the number of views are:
YouTube (by views):
- COVID-19 test development (Alex Greninger, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Virology) 329,184
- Drive-thru testing opens (B-roll at UW Medical Center-Northwest) 110,578
- COVID-19 infections in pregnant women (Kristina Adams Waldorf, Obstetrics and Gynecology) 39,384
- Ventilators (Vikram Padmanabhan, Pulmonary and Critical Care) 29,482
- Exercising at home (Cindy Lin, Rehabilitation Medicine, Division of Sports and Spine Medicine) 28,219
- Disinfecting N95 masks (Tom Lendvay, Urology) 27,738
- Asympomatic spread (John Lynch, Medicine, Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) 22,571
- Coronavirus spike structure (David Veesler, Biochemistry) 20,981
- Hot flashes (Susan Reed, Obstetrics and Gynecology) 20,159
- Hydroxycholoroquine trial (Ann Collier, Medicine, Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) 18,542
These videos are also availble in the Video area of the UW Medicine Newsroom by using the site's search function.