Segment: Alcohol and Global Burden of Disease
Dr. Emmanuela Gakidou talks about a study, published in The Lancet today, that found clear correlations between drinking and premature death, cancer, and cardiovascular problems. The study concluded that zero alcohol consumption minimizes the overall risk of health loss. Gakidou is a professor of health metrics sciences at the UW School of Medicine, and of global health at the UW School of Public Health. See the news release.
Terms of appropriate usage of file downloads
- News reporters and news organizations may freely republish and distribute videos, still images and audio files produced by UW Medicine and the University of Washington School of Medicine.
- Works must be attributed/credited appropriately (for example, “UW Medicine” – as denoted in the file) and must not be used for commercial purposes.
- These visual and audio files may not be used to exploit or misrepresent UW Medicine or the University of Washington.
- UW Medicine often licenses still images and stock video from Getty Images, but we cannot grant republishing rights. You may not republish single image files, videos or animations credited to Getty Images.
- Logos of UW Medicine and University of Washington Health Sciences schools may not be republished without explicit permission. Contact us by phone or email: 206.543.3620 or firstname.lastname@example.org