Inslee visits UW Medicine Virology Lab
On April 16, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee toured the UW Medicine Virology Lab, meeting with a small group of scientists whose leadership was crucial to local and national responses to COVID-19's emergence.
The UW Medicine hosts included:
- Geoff Baird, interim chair of lab medicine and pathology
- Helen Chu, infectious diseases clinician-researcher
- Alex Greninger, assistant director of the virology lab
- Keith Jerome, head of the virology division
- Pavitra Roychoudhury, acting instructor in lab medicine (shown with Gov. Inslee in photo)
- Paul Ramsey, CEO of UW Medicine and dean of the University of Washington School of Medicine
- Jay Shendure, scientific director of the Brotman-Baty Institute for Precision Medicine
Pictures from the event can be accessed and downloaded here. Any reproduction or reuse should credit UW Medicine.
Terms of appropriate usage of file downloads
- News reporters and news organizations may freely republish and distribute videos, still images and audio files produced by UW Medicine and the University of Washington Health Sciences schools (Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Social Work).
- Works must be attributed/credited appropriately (for example, “UW Medicine” or “University of Washington School of Pharmacy” – as denoted in the file) and must not be used for commercial purposes.
- These visual and audio files may not be used to exploit or misrepresent UW Medicine or the University of Washington.
- UW Medicine often licenses still images from Thinkstock but cannot grant republishing rights. You may not republish single image files credited to Thinkstock.
- Logos of UW Medicine and University of Washington Health Sciences schools may not be republished without explicit permission. Contact us by phone or email: 206.543.3620 or email@example.com