April 19, 2021
Inslee visits UW Medicine Virology Lab
On April 16, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee toured the UW Medicine Virology Lab, meeting with a small group of scientists whose leadership was crucial to local and national responses to COVID-19's emergence.
The UW Medicine hosts included:
- Geoff Baird, interim chair of lab medicine and pathology
- Helen Chu, infectious diseases clinician-researcher
- Alex Greninger, assistant director of the virology lab
- Keith Jerome, head of the virology division
- Pavitra Roychoudhury, acting instructor in lab medicine (shown with Gov. Inslee in photo)
- Paul Ramsey, CEO of UW Medicine and dean of the University of Washington School of Medicine
- Jay Shendure, scientific director of the Brotman-Baty Institute for Precision Medicine
Pictures from the event can be accessed and downloaded here. Any reproduction or reuse should credit UW Medicine.
Terms of appropriate usage of file downloads
- News reporters and news organizations may freely republish and distribute videos, still images and audio files produced by UW Medicine and the University of Washington School of Medicine.
- Works must be attributed/credited appropriately (for example, “UW Medicine” – as denoted in the file) and must not be used for commercial purposes.
- These visual and audio files may not be used to exploit or misrepresent UW Medicine or the University of Washington.
- UW Medicine often licenses still images from Thinkstock but cannot grant republishing rights. You may not republish single image files credited to Thinkstock.
- Logos of UW Medicine and University of Washington Health Sciences schools may not be republished without explicit permission. Contact us by phone or email: 206.543.3620 or firstname.lastname@example.org